Tuesday, July 5, 2011

food overdose, but it's the leave week baby!


We gathered last week to bid farewell to a colleague whose presence we will miss dearly. Kudos to him for being such a sport and taking whatever was brought to him that night! :)

6 mystery mixer shots. These can pass off as a fabric colour chart for Spring/Summer '11. lol.

Some weird concoction of Tequila.
My all-time fav is still moscato.

I didn't know they had these in supermarts. Nice.

--

Weekends with Beamer! Since we can't bring her out yet, we went shopping for her stuff at Megamarts along Pasir Ris farmway. Finally found myself a perk living in the extreme east.



There's a story behind these pics. My dad went through the gates without closing them properly (the sign clearly stated to close BOTH gates properly) and apparently my dad, being the klutz, didnt. So, the 2 dogs quickly took the opportunity to creep out through the gates and I was startled and let out a shriek. The owners (2 guys, not straight maybe?) were eating while seated on the benches right next to the gate and they instantly stood up and walked towards the gates and closed them while reprimanding my dad for not being able to read the sign clearly, harping on the fact that he was so old already still cannot read the sign BEHIND HIS BACK while walking back to their seats.

It was a small matter but they used such a RUDE TONE, makes my blood boil just thinking of it. Besides, the sign ALSO said to keep your medium/large breed dogs on leashes and I believe that those stray looking dogs fall under that category. Therefore, they are not observing a rule themselves! What right have they to say that others aren't reading the signs properly!
Sighs, young people nowadays. No respect for old folks. :((

Anyway, we continued our search for our dog food - The Wild Life at other marts along the farmway.




I LOVE THESE DOGS! They are extra large breeds but they are friendly and do not bite. I especially liked the long furred black German Shepard. The Great Dane IMO was rather creepy cos it had long legs and was just scary.

Outfit for the day! I'm thinking of doing this in other colours in a better silk/chiffon non-sheer material.

Dinner at The Asian Kitchen!

Dan Dan noodle. Thick soup that's a little spicy. It was good!

Soft shell crab.

Pork chop fried rice.

Pork Xiao Long Baos! Din Tai Fung is still better, more juice in the dumplings.


Looking at this makes me crave for red bean dumplings! The skin is really thin with alot of sweet red bean paste. I could eat at least 4 myself! Comparable to Din Tai Fung. :)

We were in the mood for Chinese almost the whole week so we went to Crystal Jade to have Xiao Long Baos too, in search of the best.
We were catching Transformers: Dark side of the moon after dinner.


OFTD:
Silk polka dot shirt, hot pink lampshade skirt both from Zara, Sky blue satchel from HVV, Necklace from Chanel and Silver flats from Steve Madden

Love my one and only pastel coloured bag!

N and myself always get bread from Crystal Jade after 8.30pm for 20% off breads, 30% off pastries and 40% off cakes! A tip by mycheekybones. :)

If only someone would wanna be my hair sponsor.

The chilli dumplings were reasonably cheap, cheaper than those we tried before. $4.80 for 8 or something, we will definitely go back for more!

My bowl of noodles. Some minced meat and mushroom thing. Now you know I don't memorise my order when I decide on something.

N had pork chop noodles, please don't order that unless you want a really light plain noodle to go with your food.

Mine was really tasty, N kept snagging my noodles.

By the time this came, it was an overkill. Too many Xiao Long Baos in a day.

Minced meat on the inside with no juice.

--

Seoul Garden dinner!
It seems as though I'm nocturnal but it's just that playing Gears of War 2 and Beamer keeps us occupied in the day. lol.

Very efficient ordering system.


This is new! A suction thing to prevent the fumes from coating us with BBQ smell.


N cooks well! It's so difficult to cook and eat at the same time, you can only concentrate on one thing at a time ya?

Very ugly plate of messy food. The bitter gourd was hard and inedible. :(


Ended off with dessert and cakes. The cookies' and cream ice-cream was surprisingly better than expected. Had huge chunks of oreo in it which we loved.

Gotta go rest up for the meeting tomorrow and meeting L after lunch for some shopping! Excited cos I'm gonna be wearing a new pretty dress tmr. Really hope that I can someday make dresses like that too. :)

Hopefully baby steps will take you somewhere for a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment