Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mooncake celebration I


Just an update before I head off to the sunny island of Cebu - The Philippines without my camera charger! My spare batt has around 2 bars of life left. Still bugged by the camera charger but I'm sure someone will be bringing an awesome camera (crosses fingers).

Saturday brunch at Jones the Grocer with the Melbourne gang!
D finally came back from the UK and after a whole year, this is our very first gathering and marking many more to come!


Crowded especially with the h&m hype just across the road.

 Jones sandwich.

 Breakfast set.

Didn't take many pictures cos they didn't turn out as expected, too many unglam candid shots.

--



Prep-ed for some mooncake lantern fun! 

 HAHA, oolong tea for subs but it was nicely chilled on a hot night like this.


 Raffles hotel champagne truffle and gauche was da bomb! Definitely not sparing on the calories included.







Tried to profess my love for N but I forgot it's mirror inverted! :(

iCreate whirlwinds. 

 The intention was to do a heart. #fail

The amount of smoke produced from the sparklers was choking us. Haha, next time, buy those sparklers that produce less smoke. (Do not buy TNT sparklers.)


 Random pattern created by sparklers.

More mooncakes! Tried the peony jade durian snowskin too. Don't think I'll be spending 51 bucks on it next year though.

Holiday Inn Atrium's Xin Cuisine. 

I'll probably buy a box of 7 blue snowskin durian ones next year. It's blue and how cool is that?!
The rest just had an overwhelming taste of alcohol that sends a burning sensation down your throat after taking a bite from the centre. But the filling's not bad.

xx.

2 comments:

  1. Janice! I'm so jealous. Miss the good old days and celebrating the mooncake festival with you guys. I had to eat mooncake by myself here in Esperance. Imported by my dad from Bengawan Solo but of course no egg yolk. I can't remember the last time I had (double) egg yolk mooncake! xx Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olive! :)
    Nice to see you here man! haha. and I thought my blogders were dead. Why are you alone?! Hahaha, next time when you get back we should do a mooncake celebration + feasting session!

    ReplyDelete