Tuesday, May 3, 2011

my 23rd.

I missed out on the last long weekend due to work commitments and thank God I was given this lovely weekend to kick back, chill and enjoy my life at home with my family and a very special person.

The weekend started with this, it was bee-auu-tee-ful (and significant, in my case - I don't think there is anything else this meaningful that will fit in this budget):

Tiff&Co Keys and 1837 Collection - The key signifying the unlocking of my true potential in whatever I do and finding happiness in the midst of it, a wish from NCYL <3


--
Birthday dinner with N. :)

 
Getting ready for dinz.



Wore this AE dress out for my birthday dinner and got compliments for it! Very pleased with my acquisition once again. :)

 
N was gushing over this Maserati while I helped him snap a thousand pics of it.

My face looks chubby here but it was a good hair day shot of me so it's blog worthy. :)


We took outdoor seats, and it was so awesome. Simply enjoyed every moment of the dinner.

 

N was complaining that he's not photogenic and I was more photogenic (meaning he looks better in real life la). But he really didn't look v good on pictures that night so I'll spare him the agony of ugglee photos.

 
Still looking mighty chubby. :(

 
The BBQ selection - the best of the lot, I got quite sick of sashimi quickly.

 
With lemon and tobasco sauce. Saw someone take at least 10, insane!!

Oysters only look good in small quantities. IMO, they look disgusting when in a whole bunch. Slurped only one down that night albeit reluctantly. 


Took abalone, tuna, salmon, yellowtail. 
Raw fish is not N's thing so he just skipped the whole lot.

Enough talkin', food pictures galore! This is really turning into a food blog.
There's twice as many pics of food compared to of me! :)

This is obviously my plate.

The potato appetizer was good, it had some caviar on it.

N's carnivorous plate of BBQ meat.

Beef steak, very tender. :)

N took beef ribs, it was gross and had quite a strong taste to it. If you thought lamb was bad, this was worse.

Yup, just one oyster and some snow crab legs.

 
This was one of our favs, definitely left some stomach for it. Best of the lot - Cheesecake and Mango Passionfruit cream sponge cake.

The pistachio mushy dessert (in a glass) tasted blend to me.


 
Loved the cream and cake/raspberry combi.

 
It got darker and the ambiance just got better.


Unglam, but who cares? Savouring good food was all that mattered.


We took a short walk to end the night, and digest the food. lol.


--

This was one of our worst meals ever, in terms of satisfaction and calories count - don't judge!
We often eat our fruits and vegetables.

 
Vietnamese toufu dish. It was gooodddd, served piping hot and soft to the core.

Heard about the SDA rally on Twitter and decided that as first time voters, we should go listen to what a rally was like.

 Crowd streaming in little by little, on bicycles/on foot.

Conclusion: It was not worth my time. But the turnout was not bad despite it being a mosquito/(insert whatever-unknown-insect(s) here) infested venue.

--
Booked seats for the movie, Thor, the next morning.

 

WIW:
Mustard pleated romper by Hula&Co, Black cape throwover by LB, Tiff&Co key necklace

 
I really like this effect, I should use my pop art feature more often.

A gloomy wet morning, but the cinema was still packed nonetheless - I was surprised.


Had lunch after the movie at Buddy Hoagies - Cafe & Grill - the one I mentioned that we wanted to try?
The food there is affordable and the portions are reasonable. I think we'll be going back there for more next time. :)

Grilled sausage with Rosti.

 
Black pepper steak with 2 sides, mash potato and baked potato.
Potato overkill right? Apparently, we forgot Rosti = potato, N and myself wanted a potato dish each and ta-da, the end result. It was pretty hilarious, but now the joke's on us cos now we've gotta work off those extra carbos! :(

Phew, finally done with this special long weekend entry. Wonder when my life will be this interesting again, especially not with the General Elections happening this weekend.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, y'all know who you are!
Here's wishing you guys good health and may blessings be upon each and every one of you! :)

Cheerios, till the next blog entry!

4 comments:

  1. Chanced upon your blog, and you look really so nice in the AE
    Embellished cut out grecian toga dress? :)
    Can i ask whether there will be VPL?

    Thanks!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mintyvintage!

    nice to have you here. :)
    thanks babe! hmm, it's white but it's not very sheer. it doesn't really show VPL cos of the ruches. however, i feel that the inner lining falls a little short of my ideal length.

    hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! i just realised you are sodapopp on cozycot! hahaha... didn't link until i saw your twitter nickname! :)

    heyhey.. i was also the one who said i knew mingxiong! hahah... Ive sent you a twitter request, hope you dont mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA yeah! but i've hardly any time to frequent the discussions. :(

    yup, i don't mind at all! i've accepted the request already. :)

    ReplyDelete