Wednesday, June 8, 2011

pleated affairs.

After reading emma's blog, I knew that I want a white sleeved item in my wardrobe!
Picked this out from Tempomart, it's a pretty piece from one of TTR's past collections.




In my previous few entries (here and here), I tried on lampshade skirts from a blogshop and zara. But I settled for one I completely didn't try. (How silly of me!)

At first, when I received the parcel and tried it on, I wasn't impressed with the material at all. In fact, the moment I held the parcel in my hand, I knew the material wasn't of good quality.
However, thick material does not always equate to better material. After trying it on, it's actually pretty alright. Still, not a fan of thin material skirts cos it feels different from the thick matt satin-ish material used by MGG/LRH/TVD.

I really need your opinions on this one, does the MGG lampshade skirt in red/teal one from here look better than the Chaceylove forest green lampshade skirt?

Pros: Chaceylove's skirt is longer, therefore more suitable for work. The colour is different from those manufactured by the 3 blogshops, therefore it is more unique. The material is less stiff so it's more comfy to wear.

Cons: The material is not similar to Zara's skirt at all. The other lampshade skirt is stiffer, therefore provides more of a poufy effect.



Colour is true to this pic.

What do you girls think? :)
Did any of you get the lampshade skirts too?

xoxo!

2 comments:

  1. i think the chanceylove one is more unique! the red one will be quite common since MGG is having BO for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi mintyvintage!
    hmm i think so too, but i may still get the red one. hee. :)

    ReplyDelete