Sunday, June 5, 2011

tantalize your tastebuds, folks!

Last weekend, before it ended, we went to Vivo! :)
Parked at Harbourfront cos it's cheaper and had more lots - $2.40 per entry after 6pm, while Vivo charged $3.60 per entry with difficulty finding lots.

The view from Harbourfront carpark.
Spent a long time browsing shops cos it's the GSS and there were sales signs everywhere. Very enticing but we didn't do any shopping that night.

Thai Express for dinz!
N expected the portion to be bigger but we eventually were very full from dinz cos there was alot of starch in the dessert.

Thai Otah with coconut sauce.

My curry rice and his chicken chop rice, I think. 

After getting a chicken cutlet from a korean small bites stall, I wanted to try awfully chocolate's ice-cream!
The shop assistant gave us a huge scoop of ice-cream and we didn't expect her to top up the cup with another half a scoop of ice-cream after that!


Looking real odd here. :(

--

An enjoyable Saturday spent with the girls, it's been ages since we last hung out this longgggggg.
Plans to do so more often otw! :)

Suffering from a red eye, yet again. :(

Uber super duper pretty and sweet L!

So, we started off our day to a wet start with a strong thunderstorm that took us by surprise at 9 in the morning. We had to wait for the rain to subside for a bit and met up at 10 plus instead.

Our plans for the day was to attend the Victoria Jomo's event, Fit-all-you-can in a bag! Basically, you're free to grab anything you wish as long as it all fits in the bag without exploding! However, we were warned that if the bag breaks, the bag will be forfeited. It was still a fair event cos the bag used was pretty sturdy and it'll probably only break if you really forced stuff into it like mad.

Haji lane.

We were slightly late for the event which started at 9.30am (I heard people Q-ed from 7.30am!)


Took pics while in the Q.



Finally after holding out in the humid weather for 2 hours plus, we were allowed into Victoria Jomo for the event!

Hello, oversized clutches can't even fit into the $55 bags btw.

Registration booth.
Background filled with crazy shoppers grabbing all they can and fitting them into the bag within the allocated 15 minutes.

 Free water! This was quite good preparation work done.

Took some more pics after getting our shopping done in Victoria Jomo!

Phail hair toss shot.

My favourite L shot of the day!
She's soooo tall and I wanna snatch her height from her. D:

Loots in da bags. Blue bag $35, green bag $55.
Our barang barangs there too.

The girl & the blue window.

I was perspiring all over and my hair was in a mess. You know how it is damp and sticks everywhere on your face/body. Gross but yeah, that's the point. :(

OFTD:
Cape top and printed high-waisted shorts from Topshop, crystal necklace from Jingleyou.lj, watch from Guess, Duo-tone Moccasins from DMK


While in the Q, I saw that TVD/MGG/LRH was launching their Zara-inspired lampshade skirt tonight at 8pm! Was whatsapp-ing Ann then, and she gave me the idea to head down to Kissjane to try out the skirts beforehand to decide whether I should get them!

Can't remember if TVD/LRH has a rack but I saw MGG's skirts and gave them a go - in red and teal (size S, cos M was OOS).



Teal was nice, but red was AWESOME.
The colour really pops and the material, needless to say, is superb.



Anyway, I'm might be letting go of my slot for the Megagamie's Lampshade skirt in Red - Size S since I bought Chaceylove's piece in forest green. (I do hope the quality is comparable to the manufactured one.)
If you're a silent reader and wish to purchase this super gorgeous piece of skirt, do let me know through a tag or privately through e-mail! :)

Tried this on for Ann! L commented it's not my style, haha.

 

On to the next part of the day, after lunch at Yoshinoya, we went to support Adel at the Scape flea and at the same time, do some browsing to scout for cheap and nice buys!

Bubble tea break at Artease.
Least % of sugar for me! :)


S joined us in town after lunch with her family! She drank this after finishing a cup of Gong Cha
Baffles me how she's this skinny but good on her right? :)


Ma lovelies! <3

Sinful dinz with N after the shopping with the girls, followed by Xmen, First Class.

Brownies!

Meatballs with cheese.

Potato overload, fries, criss-cross fries and wedges.

Ribs.

--
Slow Sunday with Beamer and at IKEA.

The pup is doing very well, a bit on the skinny side cos she's getting so much longer in length so fast. I'm not sure if we're feeding her enough to grow big (not too fat la) and strong. And she's furring quite scarily. I found a big lump of fur after I stroked her tail.








It's REALLY disturbing how N takes nicer shots of Beamer than of me.
Compare the number of shots he took of us! That's all I have of me (those acceptable ones) and I have 23432786423 more nice ones of Beamer - I just didn't wanna bore you with them.

 



OFTD:
Top from Victoria Jomo, Leather skirt from Topshop, Creme bag from Forevernew, Pumps from Im@geturn


Random photo shots during the week!

Pairing my smooch shuntung skirt with an oversized topshop sweater blouse. Love that it keeps warm during cold rainy days and it's so casual and easy to use.

Picked these up from the Tangs sale when I accompanied mum on Thursday!

Lunches with my team are getting expensive.

Loving my comfortable (most comfortable to-date actually) Moccasins from DMK in the sweetest shade ever. Didn't have a choice since they only had this colour in my size (the other colours were navy and light camel/beige) but it's the colour I would have picked for myself. I got lucky as it was the only pair in Singapore left! :)

I'm proud and satisfied that I did a rather lengthy post this time since I haven't been updating in a while.
Have a great week people, and fight off the Monday blues. It's gonna be another weekend before you know it.
Woo hoo!

Toodles y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    Do you have the Megagamie's Lampshade skirt in Red - Size S? If you're letting go, let me know at eileen1902@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi eileen!

    I've let the slot go already, it's really popular. Sorry babe! :)

    ReplyDelete