Monday, April 11, 2011

we always stop and stare.

Literally donned in my monday blues, I had to muster all my strength to wake up for work this morning.


Catching up on today's OFTD (Lace shift dress in milk blue by Jaynelles) though I was terribly late when I left the house!

Just trying to do twirl shots with my flouncy mesh frock, inspired by Lovebonito's shots.
It's sooo much harder than it looks, hahaha. Not that it can't be done after like a gazillion shots.

Showing off the gorgeous flowy frock.

FAIL. I'm ashamed to admit but there were many more NG shots.

 
Done, and a success! Not too bad for a first timer, eh? Except that I don't know why this pic had my head chopped out of it.

Saturday mornings with you, my dear favourite boy. :D
We went to maccas and had the deluxe breakfast. (Exercised like mad after loading calories.)


Yummy in my tummy.

--
Celebratory dinner with the family at Timbre Italiannes@TripleOne Somerset. :)

It was raining ferociously when N and I got to Timbre at 6.30pm before the others had arrived and there were numerous amounts of wet puddles and leakage from the ceiling caused by the downpour (and majorly due to the poor design concept) so we had to make a detour to another location for dinner.

It wasn't a bad choice cos we adjourned to Italiannes and received good service and the ambiance was nice and cosy enough for us to chat over dessert without having to scream over the music.




 
My folks and fav uncle & aunt!

 

Hurray to that!

 

The seafood pizza had 3D toppings of mussels and clams, it was very amusing!

We ordered the pepperoni pizza too, but it was snapped up by the time I whipped my Olympus out. Probably because everyone was starving by the time the first dish was served.

 
My dad was such a sport. Everyone told him to smile at the camera and he just followed their instruction. This was the special rustic risotto for him, I didn't get to try it cos my stomach was exploding from the overdose of salmon fettuccine.

Roasted veal with herbs. Loved the potato and the tinge of spiciness from the herb sauce that went very well with the veal.

My fav dish during the dinner! It was a bit salty for my liking but the bits of smoked and raw salmon with the creamy sauce were a heavenly combination.


By N's recommendation, we ordered the Tiramisu. At $12.90, we thought it was a bit steep but we took one mouthful of it and we ordered a second plate. It's too good guys, must try!

I couldn't help noticing the preparation process for the Creme Brulee we ordered.

Be mesmerised by the sapphire blue flames.

Chefs at Italianne move at the speed of light, how efficient.

Doesn't it look great? Super pretty, I super like this shot!

Ta-da, process is complete! Look at the melted sugar on the top coat.

Yay to family, and after-dinner chats. I'm looking forward to getting treated next time! Have to wait another 3 years minimum unless kor finds employment soon. Hee.


WIW:
Navy polka dot romper from Lovebonito, HoH-inspired accessories from shophaus, HVV Bocce flap jacket in weng, ForeverNew rose clutch and Steve Madden silver lace pumps

--
Went to church on Sunday, but B overslept. :(

The shot was taken after I went swimming which should explain why my hair was in a disastrous mess.

WIW:
Blue velvet dress from Jaynelles, Midsummer Night necklace from shophaus, Brown weaved belt from BKK


Invites obtained courtesy of my aunt, thanks so much! :)

All I need is the time from my work schedule. I hope that my work schedule will spare me the agony of missing these shows/previews like it did for the BCBGmaxazaria and MaxStudio events over the past 2 weeks. :(

Alright, gotta go snooze and I'm highly anticipating tmr's meeting with Route82, the design firm to enhance the aesthetic appeal of the current Jaynelles site. I also pray that Wed's meeting with the NY designer goes well and that she'll be keen on the business (in some way) - we'll see what we can work from there *crosses fingers*.

"Hope doesn't come from calculating whether the good news is winning out over the bad. It's simply a choice to take action."
- Anna Lappe

No comments:

Post a Comment